Myrtle Beach defense attorney T. Kirk Truslow has successfully handled thousands of cases over the past two decades. His experience and dedication to his clients are unparalleled.
Criminal Defense Attorney in Myrtle Beach
Reliable & Effective Advocacy for the Accused. 30 Years of Experience!
When you’re arrested for a crime, the first thing you should do is hire an attorney. You can’t rely on any lawyer, though, because your freedom is far too valuable to gamble on inexperienced representation. Luckily, T. Kirk Truslow, P.A. is the trusted criminal defense attorney in Myrtle Beach who can help you feel hopeful for a brighter road ahead. He is available 24/7 to discuss your case needs and works tirelessly to fight for the results you deserve.
It’s rare to find a criminal defense lawyer who is dedicated to fighting for your freedom instead of taking the easy way out by negotiating a plea deal. At T. Kirk Truslow, P.A., you can expect Mr. Truslow to exhaust every option available, rather than taking short cuts, because he genuinely cares about protecting your future.
His proven track record for championing clients’ best interests could benefit you. Why? Mr. Truslow has what it takes to win.
"He took care of everything for me, got all my charges dropped and I never had to step foot in a courtroom."- Former Client
A Good Criminal Defense Attorney Makes the Difference
A good criminal defense attorney like Kirk Truslow makes a difference. For 30 years, Mr. Truslow has represented thousands of clients, served as lead counsel in more than 100 jury trials and handled numerous appeals. Further, Mr. Truslow has successfully reversed clients’ convictions so they could enjoy their well-deserved freedom.
Mr. Truslow’s enthusiasm for criminal law began at the age of 14 when he accompanied his grandfather, who was serving jury duty, to criminal court. That experience ignited his enthusiasm and passion for criminal law. After graduating from law school, Mr. Truslow accepted an associate attorney position, where he had the opportunity to work in the courtroom and gain valuable trial experience.
In 1995, he opened his own practice, now T. Kirk Truslow, P.A., where he represents thousands of clients in state and federal criminal cases.
He handled a criminal case involving an 11-day trial of a complex 20-count federal mail fraud indictment involving more than 70 witnesses and 300 evidentiary exhibits. Mr. Truslow also handled what has been called one of the most high-profile white collar criminal cases in Horry County, SC, as well as a 5-day murder trial resulting in a verdict of not guilty.
Successful verdicts like these set this law firm apart from the competition, which is why you should entrust Mr. Truslow with your criminal case. Your future depends on it.
Your Myrtle Beach DUI Lawyer
Driving under the influence, or DUI, is one of the most common criminal offenses here in Myrtle Beach, but that doesn't mean that these charges are not serious. South Carolina aggressively prosecutes these cases, which can carry harsh penalties including jail time, steep fines, suspension of driving privileges, ignition interlock device installation, and more.
As DUI cases involve a criminal and an administrative component, it is extremely important to hire a DUI lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that the various complexities of your case are addressed properly. An experienced attorney can provide you with the guidance you need to navigate both aspects of the case and pursue the best possible outcome, whether that is a reduction of charges or even a complete dismissal.
You must request an administrative hearing within 30 days of your arrest to contest an automatic suspension of your license. Don't wait another moment—call Mr. Truslow now to work with the preeminent DUI lawyer in Myrtle Beach.
What Do Criminal Defense Lawyers Do
Criminal defense lawyers, also known as defense attorneys, specialize in representing individuals or entities accused of committing a crime. Their primary role is to defend their clients and protect their rights throughout the criminal justice process. Here are some key tasks and responsibilities of criminal defense lawyers:
- Legal advice and counseling: Criminal defense lawyers provide legal advice and counseling to their clients regarding their rights, potential defenses, and the legal process they are facing.
- Case analysis and strategy development: Defense lawyers thoroughly analyze the facts and evidence of their clients' cases to develop a strong defense strategy. This includes identifying legal issues, evaluating the strength of the prosecution's case, and determining the best course of action.
- Representation in court: Defense lawyers represent their clients in all court proceedings, including arraignments, bail hearings, pretrial motions, trial proceedings, and sentencing hearings. They advocate for their clients' interests and present their case to the court.
- Negotiation with prosecutors: Defense lawyers negotiate with prosecutors to reach plea agreements or settlements that are favorable to their clients. This may involve bargaining for reduced charges, lesser sentences, or alternative sentencing options.
- Trial advocacy: If a case goes to trial, defense lawyers serve as their clients' advocates in court. They present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, make legal arguments, and challenge the prosecution's case to defend against the charges.
- Protection of rights: Defense lawyers ensure that their clients' constitutional rights are protected throughout the legal process. This includes the right to a fair trial, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel.
- Client support and guidance: Defense lawyers provide support and guidance to their clients, helping them understand the legal process, preparing them for court appearances, and addressing any concerns or questions they may have.
Overall, criminal defense lawyers play a critical role in the criminal justice system by defending the rights of individuals accused of crimes and advocating for fair treatment under the law. They work diligently to achieve the best possible outcomes for their clients given the circumstances of their cases.
Not Guilty Armed Robbery
Case Dismissed Assault With Intent to Kill
Not Guilty Domestic Violence of a High and Aggravated Nature
Case Dismissed Driving Under the Influence
Case Dismissed Driving Under the Influence
Decades of ExperienceAttorney T. Kirk Truslow has nearly three decades of criminal defense experience.
Track Record of SuccessAttorney T. Kirk Truslow has successfully handled thousands of cases.
Free Initial ConsultationWe offer free initial consultations. Call today to schedule a case review.
24/7 AvailabilityWe are available around the clock to help those in need of legal assistance.