The Zealous Defense You Deserve. Backed by Over Two Decades of Experience
Myrtle Beach Misdemeanor Defense Attorney
30 Years of Dedicated & Experienced Legal Representation
Have you or a loved one been charged with a misdemeanor? T. Kirk Truslow, P.A. provides legal representation for misdemeanor charges. Our Myrtle Beach misdemeanors lawyer has 30 years of experience in criminal law and focuses his practice entirely in this area. This ensures that our clients receive the competent, aggressive, and skilled legal representation they deserve.
What are the Punishments for a Misdemeanor?
If you have been charged with a misdemeanor, it is vital that you retain experienced and proven legal representation. A misdemeanor conviction can result in incarceration, fines, and a criminal record.
The specific penalties that you could be facing depend on the misdemeanor class for the offense you have been charged with. In South Carolina, there are four levels of misdemeanor charges.
Although a misdemeanor charge is far less serious than a felony charge, any criminal record can cause problems for your future. People with a criminal record often find it difficult to access certain opportunities in higher education and careers.
The categories of misdemeanors in South Carolina include:
- Class A Misdemeanors – Crimes in this category include shoplifting, receiving stolen goods, second-degree assault and battery, trespassing, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. A conviction is punishable by up to three years in jail and a fine up to $3,000.
- Class B Misdemeanors – Examples of Class B misdemeanors include possession of a narcotic controlled substance, use of a firearm under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and making a false statement about income for the purpose of securing public housing. If convicted, a defendant may be facing up to two years in jail and $5,000 in fines.
- Class C Misdemeanors – These offenses include slander or libel, assault with a concealed weapon, theft of a cable television service, and prostitution. Class C misdemeanors are punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000.
- Exempt Misdemeanors – Child endangerment, marijuana possession, failure to register as a sex offender, and unlawfully passing a stopped school bus are examples of exempt misdemeanors. A conviction can result in a jail sentence of less than 12 months.
Representation for Any Misdemeanor Charge
When you are accused of a crime, the first thing to do is get advice from an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Myrtle Beach misdemeanors attorney T. Kirk Truslow has rigorously and successfully defended misdemeanor criminal cases in South Carolina for 30 years.
Our criminal defense lawyer represents clients charged with:
- Domestic violence
- Simple assault and battery
- Petit larceny
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Fake identification
- Unlawful carrying of a firearm
- Simple possession of marijuana
- Driving under suspension
- Open container of alcohol
- Reckless driving
- Traffic citation
Whether this is your first brush with the law, or you have prior convictions, having the right legal representation is critical for the outcome of your case. Mr. Truslow has represented thousands of clients in misdemeanor and felony cases, and puts in the work to investigate cases, evaluate evidence, interview witnesses, and build the best possible defense for every client.
Why Choose Our Myrtle Beach Misdemeanor Crime Lawyers
When facing misdemeanor charges, it is crucial to have a skilled and experienced defense attorney by your side. At T. Kirk Truslow, P.A., our Myrtle Beach misdemeanor defense attorney has over 30 years of experience providing dedicated legal representation to clients in the Myrtle Beach area.
By hiring an experienced misdemeanor defense attorney, you can:
- Ensure your rights are protected throughout the legal process
- Receive personalized guidance and support tailored to your specific case
- Have a strong advocate who will fight for the best possible outcome
- Benefit from extensive knowledge of the local court system and procedures
- Explore all available legal options to build a solid defense strategy
Our team understands the potential consequences of misdemeanor charges and is committed to helping you navigate through the complexities of the legal system. We will work tirelessly to minimize the impact on your future and strive for the most favorable resolution in your case.
Defending Your Rights Every Step of the Way
Our Myrtle Beach misdemeanors lawyer will assess your case and recommend the most effective strategy for your defense. Mr. Truslow has a proven record of effective legal representation and getting results for his clients. From the initial consultation until your case is resolved, you can expect reliable and effective legal representation and personal attention for your case.
"Kirk defended me in a recent DUI case in North Myrtle, a second offense from one in North Carolina. He was able to get reduced to a reckless driving offense!"- Jackson